Friday, July 31, 2009

the great and terrible underwater pictures--mable lake 2009

it's fun and all to take underwater pictures with a disposable camera, but frankly much of the time i didn't know what i was taking a picture of, if it was in the frame, or if it was in focus. it's the fun of it, and the tragedy of it too. you'll see below. so here's what i got and sorry if you think you're hideous sometimes because you're not. I WAS. haha, well it's ok. i'm brave enough to bare my hideousness on the world wide web not to mention my crap shoot (i meant that both ways).

if my memory serves me correctly, this is bethany's foot swimming away from me.
these are in no order at all. this one is a twin bubble making machine. bethany's in there too, but covered in said bubbles.

ok, this is what i'm talking about! first of all and most prominantly, what's with the deep water balloon under my eye?? second of all why's my eye so puffy?? third of all, what's with the scary puffy eyes???
that's my blurry, discombobulated, detached, buoy of a head floating on mable lake.
this is just after i raced doug to the tube.
i hope erin doesn't kill me for this odd picture. she didn't want a pic in the first place but i got her to pose for this one. it's the only time i succeeded, although i tried many times, to do a half out half in pic. weird hey?
garden vegetables. i had to crop the tops of their heads because they were super elongated.

bethany bubbles.
anyone remember who has this bathing suit? this is an example of a half out half in attempt.
again. i find it kind of neat that you don't see through the water to the world above, but that the top surface of the water reflects down. know what i mean? i also like how our limbsl look in the sun soaked water.
random.


very scary and creepy bethany. good work. the mouth is particularily priceless in combo with the squinty eyes and the ghost white face.
doug and his flipper.
these next three shots didn't come out very well but katie is my favourite part of them. she looks so young and the look on her face reminds me of all our wonderful times when we were little playing in the water.



evan of course.
unfortunate i decided to make that face while blowing bubbles and unfortunate that the bubbles magnified my large, uneven front teeth. this picture makes me laugh though.
bethany's very atheletic and shockinly unmotherly looking bod.
some of my favourite people--sisters. i wish i got a full sisters shot like this.
i think these cameras really skewed people's heads. bethany's is very rectangular and amy's very pear like. don't suddenly fear that your heads are in fact rectagular and pear like ok? this pic makes me chuckle.
so does this one! hahaha, woops, missed.
coming back from a swim out probably.
this pic has so many interesting factors, like the main subjects, mom and andrea's hilarious attempts at sharing this tube, the light refracting off the water on my hand and my finger in the top right hand corner.
they kind of look like they were fighting but they weren't.

nice.
fluked and actually took a cute picture! had to crop my finger out of it though so no need to brag too much. what cuties.

random shot capturing many moments.

this picture was sooooooooooooooooooo hideous of myself! i had to crop off a mile of double chins! lol, and i still have a VERY dorky look on my face, but i love the look on dad's face and bethany is frankly cute as well.
slavica said to me after i took this shot "not the most flattering angle..."
this could be evan, could be john? one and the same really.
i like this shot too.
hi! this is my soft doughy armpit!!!
love this one. this is bethany's cruel feet drowning amy. note the way her suit is floating!


my how white and long your arms and hands are bethbee.
bubbly pics.

ok this is the one i took while bethany was standing on my shoulders but there is no pic me underwater with her on my shoulders. so either it didn't work or it didn't click or something. too bad. another project to finish at a later date.
katie legs of athletisism?
kyle and i had a lot of fun splashing each other. here's two of his splashes.

i regret not getting any pic time with sarah besides this lovely shot. i think our throw backs would have been great action shots. and the shoulder creepies too.
andrea and her mermaid.
and that's the end!

3 comments:

  1. laura those are sooo fun! I'm gonna get me a whole SLEW of underwater disposable cameras. Hehe the one where bethany is being all creepy and squinty-eyed...that one made me laugh long and hard. Good one, B.fub!
    Also, if there's any pictures people DON'T want put on facebook, they should let me know. 'cause I pretty much want to put the entire collection on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i laughed SO HARD at so many of those!! ahhh! sooo funny labee! i loved them! yah, i was thinking the same thing about facebook. there seems to be a weirdly large number of pics of just my bod.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the head distortions are clearly caused by residual water on the lens after being submersed. Just thought I'd point that out.

    ReplyDelete